Monday, April 8, 2013

Nicki Minaj Talks Love Scene with Wayne, Beats by Dre Deal and Being Lyrically Better Than Most Male Rappers






As crazy as she likes to seem, Nicki is for sure an unstoppable force. In addition to "M.A.C., OPI, and a fragrance too", the pink rapper recently teamed up on an endorsement deal with Beats by Dre as the newest spokesperson for the "Pink Pill". Brilliantly named to follow Nicki's image, the travel-sized speaker is conveniently made to plug into any mobile device or iPod (Dope!).


Nicki-Minaj-Pink-Pill


Moreover, Minaj chatted up with MTV last week revealing all about her business-concious decision to dissolve her appearance a bit to be "more relatable" to her audience (thank the heavens!) She also dished the juice on whether or not her and Wayne actually kissed in her new video for single "High School" then followed up with her bold (and unarguable) statement of being a better lyricist than most male rappers.

nickwayne






Check out highlights from the interview below:


Nicki on wanting to be more relatable
I knew that I was about to start doing covers of magazines and I wanted a more relatable look. I knew that I was about to launch a clothing line and I want women to know that I’m just a regular woman and I’m not some weirded-out character all the time. I made that conscious effort to tone it down and to try new things. And when I started seeing what my hair looked like, I just fell in love. I was just like, ‘oh my gosh where has this been all my life?’ Because even my fans went crazy, I feel like the whole world went crazy. It felt like I took off this mask — it didn’t feel like that to me — but to the world it’s almost like, ‘oh now we see the real her.’ It was weird.”

Nicki on her love scene with Lil Wayne in the “High School” music video
He refused to touch me, he’s so respectful. I was like, ‘Wayne, you could do this.’ But he was acting scared, like, ‘Yo, Nick, this is my dream. I’m gonna be a man after this video.’ He was just being crazy. But if I didn’t tell him ‘Yes, you can do this’ or ‘touch this,’ he refused to do it. He’s a southern gentlemen which people don’t realize.

Nicki on "the kiss" ...
If we actually locked lips, don’t you think we would have put it in the video? Wayne said we had to kiss for the video. He was like, ‘One thing that’s going to sell it is if we really kiss.’ I’m like, ehh.

Nicki on how music video will help Lil Wayne become a sex symbol
Not only is he my boss, but he’s also like my brother. It’s very weird because I’m just used to Wayne making fun of me, and all of Young Money boys making fun of me, so every time they yelled ‘Cut!’ I was just being picked on. But it’s still like Wayne is still so sexy and so I texted Wayne and I was like, ‘You’re going to have all the chicks back on you,’ know what I’m saying? Because when this video comes out, he looks like art, he looks like a piece of art all tatted up, all sexy, black and beautiful.

Nicki  not getting the credit she deserves
[With 'Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded'], I care less about the acceptance and more about me being the lyrical, ill bi**h that I am, knowing that I am lyrically better than most of the male rappers out there — yes, I’m gonna say it. I don’t get the credit that I deserve.

via MTV

I totally stand behind the statement as it is very true in my opinion. Nicki has proven her "beasty" abilities when it comes to her lyrics track and track again so I mean really, who can argue that?

However, I can name a few male rappers that just might smear her pink lipstick in a battle.

~BeautiiFLY

No comments:

Post a Comment