Wednesday, May 15, 2013

[MUSIC] Chris Brown Samples Rare Aaliyah Vocal For New Single

Aaliyah2WordOntheStreetz

Unlike his rival Drake, Chris received the "Go" from producer Timbaland to sample Aaliyah's voice, as he was once one the closest people to Aaliyah. The rare vocal samples are featured on a song from Chris' upcoming album of which Timbaland himself is featured on.
Chris announced the new single entitled "They Don't Know" featuring the sweet, never-before-heard vocals of the late great Aaliyah.

Chris Brown wasted no time in shooting a video for the single in LA this past weekend and made this announcement during the 2013 BET Awards Press Conference:
“I'm bringing both worlds together and trying to uplift the poverty side of the community and show them where I’m from. I’m from Virginia, but everybody comes from a broken home or being broke—I remember when I was.”
ChrisBrown2WordOnTheStreetz
The single is set to appear on Chris' sixth album, which hits stores this summer on July 16, featuring the likes of Kendrick Lamar, Nicki Minaj, Pharrell and more.


AaliyahWordonthestreetz

Most try to imply the whole "Aaliyah Sampling" to be a gimmick. However, I think it's a brilliant way to keep her legacy alive in our music culture. In fact, I'm really excited to hear this new track just as I was about Drake's sampling.

~BeautiiFLY

No comments:

Post a Comment